Eat- Take the kids out to eat for free at one of the many restaurants where kids eat free.
Zoo-The zoo was established in 1990. We have been the only animal exhibiting facility in Onslow County and the Camp Lejeune area.
Paddle the New River- If you enjoy the water, grab a kayak rental from Paddle NC and go exploring on the New River. They launch from Jacksonville and have singles and tandems available.
4. Visit a State Park- Hammocks Beach State Park located at 1572 Hammocks Beach Road, Swansboro, NC 28584. The island offers a number of simple, rustic campsites and a small concession and picnic area. The park has a well-organized visitors center, which also serves as the gateway to the island and as the port for the ferry service as well as canoes or kayaks.
5. Take a Cruise- Bayonet Enterprises Day Cruise. Jacksonville private yacht charter run by Captain Lance and his first mate Marilyn. This family-run business offers affordable fun on the water, whether it is a lunch, dinner, or sunset cruise with wine and cheese, a champagne brunch, a family cruise, or an overnight getaway on the New River.
6. Escape Rooms- Jacksonville has two local businesses that are escape rooms. The Escape Room game is played by 2 to 12 players, who are locked in a room and given a mission or goal, a number of clues, and 60 minutes to solve the mystery in order to be released from the room.
7. Enjoy a Race- Coastal Plains Raceway Park Resident and local star motorists
compete at this NASCAR-sanctioned tri-oval race course throughout most of the year. Automobile racing enthusiasts and those looking for a thrilling program will also love seeing vehicles zip along the NHRA-sanctioned (National Racer Association) asphalt dragway. Located at 4744 Richlands Hwy, Jacksonville, NC 28540
8. Pelletier House 1850- Located at 100 Old Bridge St, Jacksonville, NC 28540. A National Historic Landmark, the Pelletier House includes stunning Greek Revival architecture. Its modesty and pleasant place make visiting it a terrific afternoon
retreat. The estate is found by the New River atop Wantland Spring. On special days, visitors can see the within.
9. Paint and Sip- Enjoy a nice glass of wine, while painting memories with a group of friends. https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=paintandsip&find_loc=Jacksonville%2C+NC
10. Sweet P’s Playhouse- Sweet P’s Playhouse is a parent-child interactive facility designed to promote learning and creativity in children. We offer age appropriate